cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9+ VoLTE support?

So the S9+ has been out for some time now, any ideas when Videotron will have VoLTE for our phone?
9 REPLIES 9

VincentQ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jeffg1

We do not have a specific date for the compatibility yet but we are working hard to have additionnal compatible devices. 

You can keep an eye on our support website and in your Customer centre for updates: http://support.videotron.com/residential/mobile/volte

Vincent Quigley 

Your Community Manager

"Customers subscribed to a Videotron service but with no agreement, and who own an Android device cannot use the VoLTE feature."

From the last FAQ, it made it seem like BYOD subscribes with Android phones will NEVER get VoLTE. Hopefully that's not the case?

FrancoisR
Moderator - Solution Expert

Indeed, the information necessary for the operation of VoLTE is not standard in the Android OS. So it is possible that the VoLTE works on a BYOD, but it is also possible it doesn't or that there are problems. Since we can not guarantee the quality of the service, the function will not be supported on an Android BYOD.

evoMR
Chevalier

So 2 months later, has there been any word on the progress for VoLTE for the S9/S9+ duo? I'm not sure how this feature was omitted from the latest flagship phones from Samsung

I take that back, it appears VoLTE is now live on the S9s

VinhN

Hello evoMR,

Indeed, we're pleased to announce you that the S9/S9+ are now compatible to VoLTE and Wifi calling!

Have a good day!

How to enable it on a new phone not coming from videotron?

I've check the CSC of my phone and it says it's VTR, so it should be ok, but when I am trying to activate vowifi, I am getting an error message after entering the pin code received by sms. Thanks.

Anonyme
Not applicable
You first need VoLTE working. For that, you need a volte SIM and volte option added to your account.

And only after you’ve got volte working, you can activate Wi-Fi calling.

@Anonyme wrote:
You first need VoLTE working. For that, you need a volte SIM and volte option added to your account.

And only after you’ve got volte working, you can activate Wi-Fi calling.

@Anonyme your instructions was perfect!

The first time I called them (few weeks ago), the support from videotron told me as I didn't take the phone with them, the option was not available.

Today I called them and simply asked if my sim card and the volte option was activated. Sim card was ok but volte was not enabled in my account.

They activated it, now volte and vowifi is working. 

Thanks a lot mate!