cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 3 - ETA on availability

Hello, we recently switched our wireless services to Videotron and are very happy thus far. I recently purchased an Apple Watch series 3 and am eagerly awaiting Videtron’s activation of the LTE feature on the watch. Does anyone have an estimated timeframe for when this will be supported?

Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

I would like this answer as well!

I am thinking of buying a series three as  my old Nike GPS watch is losing support this month.

Hi @mwasserman and @Alexonmac

For the time being we have no news on the possible compatibility of the Apple watch serie 3 with our services. We will forward your feedback and your interest to the appropriate department. 

Thank you for your understanding!

Vincent Quigley 

Your Community Manager

Vincent,

Thnaks for the reply.  Can we get more detail>

Is the issue due to Videotron network sharing on Roger's network or related to the use of eSIMs?

Roger's has stated it will suport teh Apple Watch at some point in 2018.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/01/02/rogers-confirms-plans-support-esims-year/

thanks

Mark

Unfortunately, for the time being, we are not allowed to share more information on this issue. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Vincent Quigley 

Your Community Manager

Well, they need their Netcracker BSS to support remote sim provisioning for it to work simply...

Vincent,

Any update?

Rogers is now supporting, as are Bell and Telus. 

Thanks

Mark

Anonyme
Not applicable

@mwasserman wrote:

Vincent,

Any update?

Rogers is now supporting, as are Bell and Telus. 

Thanks

Mark

I asked for an update on Twitter..

and all they said is the same generic answer we always get... “we are looking into it... but no plan to offer it now”

I went into a Videotron store and finally got a straight answer. 

I was told that Videotron’s native LTE network runs on a different frequency than most networks. 

The Apple Watch does not support that frequency in the current series 3 and 4 iteration. They believe the next series will support it, i.e.likely late 2019. 

Although Videotron “shares” some of the Rogers network, and, in theory, the Apple Watch could work on that network, Videotron’s working arrangement with Rogers does not allow for 100% reliability on the Rogers network. 

Per the employee, there are no plans to work the Rogers agreement. 

Buying a series 3 or 4 with LTE is a waste of the LTE adder if you are on Videotron per this employee. 

Strange though, when I check the Videotron frequencies and the watch supported frequencies..they seem to match. Go figure...

Anonyme
Not applicable
@mwasserman
Straight answer?!? Sorry but no, all you got is someone just bulshitting you. Most of the stores employees don’t know what they are talking about.
Except for Freedom, all providers in Canada are pretty much using the same frequencies... Rogers and Vidéotron are essentially sharing the same network in Quebec and Eastern Ontario. So there’s absolutely no reason why it wouldn’t be compatible.
What Vidéotron doesn’t have now and is required by the Apple Watch is eSIM. The minute eSIM is supported, I bet that Vidéotron will be able to support the Apple Watch (exactly what Rogers is doing as of September 17th).

@mwasserman wrote:

Vincent,

Thnaks for the reply.  Can we get more detail>

Is the issue due to Videotron network sharing on Roger's network or related to the use of eSIMs?

Roger's has stated it will suport teh Apple Watch at some point in 2018.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/01/02/rogers-confirms-plans-support-domyhomework

thanks

Mark

Doesn't seem to be related to the use of eSIMs, as I understand it.

@debraparker2018 wrote:

Doesn't seem to be related to the use of eSIMs, as I understand it.

Esim is a big part of the equation... it required for the Apple Watch. 

Second part is linking your Apple Watch line to your iPhone line... Videotron has to somewhat assign the same number to both devices... and I’m not sure they can do it for now. 

Come on Videotron , get your act together for all your faithful customers that have been with you for so many years !!!!!