cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After unlimited music shut down

Is everyone getting 8GB after the unlimited music service shut down :)? Let me know thank you.
10 REPLIES 10

Kira
Super utilisateur
Super utilisateur

Hmm  yes and no, here's why.

Everyone that is affected by the removal has received a temporary extra 8gb of data in preparation of the real data blocs.

Since August 3rd, at your billing data, that 8gb will be removed and replaced with the actual compensation data bloc that varies between 1 and 8gb. 

The bloc is based on your highest usage of unlimited music in the past 12 months.

Between 0 and 1 gb of music => 1gb extra

Between 1 and 2 gb of music => 2gb extra

Between 2 and 4 gb of music => 4gb extra

4gb of music and higher => 8gb extra

You should of gotten a letter this summer letting you know what you where supposed to get.

If you didn't simply contact an agent from technical support or customer care and they should be able to tell you what it is.

That's really unfair acturally. Videotron should treat its customers the same way......Cat Sad

Kira wrote:

Hmm  yes and no, here's why.

Everyone that is affected by the removal has received a temporary extra 8gb of data in preparation of the real data blocs.

Since August 3rd, at your billing data, that 8gb will be removed and replaced with the actual compensation data bloc that varies between 1 and 8gb. 

The bloc is based on your highest usage of unlimited music in the past 12 months.

Between 0 and 1 gb of music => 1gb extra

Between 1 and 2 gb of music => 2gb extra

Between 2 and 4 gb of music => 4gb extra

4gb of music and higher => 8gb extra

You should of gotten a letter this summer letting you know what you where supposed to get.

If you didn't simply contact an agent from technical support or customer care and they should be able to tell you what it is.

The amount you get is based on your highest usage in the past 12 months and this goes for every client.

If you're not satisfied with the compensation, I invite you to contact customer services.

Why would I receive the same as others? It is not a matter of being fair. It not a democracy. You get what you pay for. If I pay more than others I deserve more. And vice versa. It woyld never occur to me to say it is not fair. Sorry, I am not sorry.

Yeah this is unfortunate. No it's not a democracy, everybody on the unlimited plan was paying the same amount and for the same service. Market arguments don't really track.
The1 gb compensation ... those who got that would have been better off clicking the button on the 2 gb free offer that Videotron sent out a couple months ago.
I can speak for more than one when I say that we were paying for that plan for the opportunity to stream unlimited, and the only ones that got good compensation were those who had  soaked Videotron for max data before, the rest got shortchanged. Keep in mind, this data can now be used for anything. I have had really mixed experiences when contacting customer service. And have had to pass by 10 different roads to finally end up with an agreement they could have given me in the beginning. I'll contact them, but I just thought I'd post this here so others who also feel this is unfortunate won't feel they are alone.

DannyD
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hello W1m!

We understand your point of view regarding the free mobile data package allowed following the removal of our unlimited music service.

The amount of data allowed is actually your highest usage of the Unlimited Music service in the past 12 months; so let's say you have used a maximum of 3GB at some point, in your year, you will get a free 3GB to compensate, and so on. If you wish to discuss the matter further with us, you can contact our agents at your convenience by clicking here: http://www.videotron.com/residential/contact-us or by replying to the private message we also sent you regarding your post. 

Thank you for your participation. 

-Danny

Hi Danny,

I only joined Videotron 1 full month before the unlimited music shutdown, there wasn't much of a chance to gather usage data for me over a 12 month period. I only had 1GB added to my account. Is there a chance that anything can be done in my case? Or are all decisions final?

Hi W1M,

I agree with you.   I had also posted a more lenghty comment in the "Unlimited Music" thread.

People who heavily used (or exploited) the unlimited plan are rewarded with more data.

I think this is a bad PR move from Videtron.  Videotron is known for their customer service/support and being a leader with their plans in Quebec and the National Captical Region.  This re-adjustment is more indicative of a Bell and/or Rogers move (that's not a compliment).

JenniferM

Hi Nick,

We will send you a private message in order to get your contact information and to verify the situation with you.

Thank you!

I have a lot of free music on my device.