cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imap access to videotron - annoyances

I am running Linux and Thunderbird as a mail reader. I have several email accounts at videotron, which I access

through IMAP. On one of the accounts several times a week it fails to connect and asks me if I'd like to input a new

password.

What I have to do is to logon to the videotron site, go to the email section and change the password on the failing

account to the same password. Then Thunderbird connects and get the mail. Videotron insists this is a problem

at my end...but it seems it's videotrons equipment which is somehow forgetting the password for the account because as soon as I "change" it to the same passwotrd, IMAP connects properly.

Problem  is the problem  is too technical for the Videotron people and they are not interested in solving it.

8 REPLIES 8

MayaP
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi!

This behavior is actually quite normal. This happens when the currently used password is blocked or blacklisted for security reasons. Performing a full virus scan of relevant devices and then choosing a brand new password (never used before) will get this issue fixed.

Thanks!

I'm sorry. That's just nonsense. It happens with completely random passwords generated by Google-Chrome.

PatrickM

Hi @mccfrank

We are sorry to read that this situation persists recurrently. There are several possibilities and we would need to have access to your file to complete the checks required to provide a solution or or forward the problem to the team responsible.  We have sent you a message in private to retrieve your contact information. Our technical support is also available if you prefer to contact us directly: http://www.videotron.com/residential/contact-us.

Thank you!

I don't see any private messages, here or in email.

Maybe their private email to you was filtred by their program.... 🙂

JulieL

Hi mccfrank! We are sorry that our previous message got lost. We have sent you a second private message on this forum. Thank you!

And how do I access private messages on this forum. The link I got in email just brings me to this forum.

JulieL

Hi! On the forum, when you are logged in, you will see a small enveloppe on the left of your name which is on the very top right corner. Clic on this enveloppe to see your private messages. 
Have a great evening!