The best place for all your technical questions

Videotron Giga Speeds

tsh
Initiate

Re: Videotron Giga Speeds

> What are you using to test your Internet speed ?  If you're using a browser, make sure you're using the official Videotron speed test site https://testvitesse.videotron.ca/index-en.html

Videotron themselves tell you not to use their own site, because it can't provide enough bandwidth to reach giga speeds. I used various servers on speedtest.net, and then tested indepedently by downloading files from gigabit servers to a single device, and then to multiple devices (aggregating the total speed)

> Also, the browser you use can make a difference and any Antivirus / firewall program will also affect the result.  I did a few tests on my computer and I found out Firefox is usually less affected by my antivirus program than Chrome or Edge.

The issue is not browser or PC (CPU)-related - confirmed by Videotron techs

My particular issue is 100% that the modem cannot reach gigabit speeds at the moment, at least not in my house it can't. That's why I was looking for proof of someone with the same service having actually reached gigabit speeds
Initiate

Re: Videotron Giga Speeds

Use a direct cable plugged directly into the videotron router. And then you'll achieve full speed (940).

Of course the other end of the cable must be plugged into your computer.

Latest discussions