cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Usage as displayed in the Customer Center

I've been a satisfied Videotron customer for many years and I appreciate the ability to monitor my internet usage in the Customer Center. I often notice that there is a significant time delay between when I login to check and its last updated time (often 10-15 hours behind, as is the case right now). I would welcome a more real-time data on the subject, especially when I come toward the end of my billing cycle to ensure I don't go over my limit and thus incur extra charges. I can download a lot of data in 12 hours!  I am set up to receive levels of usage text message notifications at 75%, 90%, 100%, but they too come after a significant time delay. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

CedrikS
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi Zipidy. This is not a normal situation and you should be able to manage your usage without going over. We strongly suggest you reach us by chat or by phone through the following link: < http://bit.ly/FB_Contact_Us >. We will take a look at your account with you. Have yourself a good day!

Hi @CedrikS,

Today is the last day of my billing cycle. This morning I called 611 tech support because I was unable to see an updated status of my Internet usage in the Customer Center. The representative I spoke with was also not able to see accurate usage data for my account (her system said exactly what the Customer Center read).

As of this writing, it has now been 18.5 hours since my Internet Usage data has been updated, despite that this page indicates that "Data are updated four times a day.": http://support.videotron.com/residential/internet/understand-manage-usage

I have not received any SMS or email alerts indicating that I'm at 75% or more of my usage, despite being signed up for both. I know that last night after the indicated time of 8:14 pm I used at least an additional 10-20 GB.

The tech rep was very nice but could only add a note to my account indicating that I should not be billed for any more than the 37.8 GB that I supposedly have remaining per my Customer Center page. I consequently don't consider this problem to be solved.

Screenshot from 2018-07-15 13-08-47.png

Hi @CedrikS,

Today is the last day of my billing cycle. This morning I called 611 tech support because I was unable to see an updated status of my Internet usage in the Customer Center. The representative I spoke with was also not able to see accurate usage data for my account (her system said exactly what the Customer Center read).

As of this writing, it has now been 19.5 hours since my Internet Usage data has been updated, despite that this page indicates that "Data are updated four times a day.": http://support.videotron.com/residential/internet/understand-manage-usage

I have not received any SMS or email alerts indicating that I'm at 75% or more of my usage, despite being signed up for both. I know that last night after the indicated time of 8:14 pm I used at least an additional 10-20 GB.

The tech rep was very nice but could only add a note to my account indicating that I should not be billed for any more than the 37.8 GB that I supposedly have remaining per my Customer Center page. I consequently don't consider this problem to be solved.

Screenshot from 2018-07-15 13-08-47.png

GabrielD

Hello Zipidy,

We would like to check this situation with you. We will contact you in a private message to have your informations so an expert can call you.

Thanks,