cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM VERY WORRIED MY MODEM WAS NOT SUPPORTED BY VIDEOTRON

nsnobela
Initiate

I AM A VIDETRON USER FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW, SINCE I HAD MY SERVICES THEY HAVE CHANGED MY ROUTER TWICE BECAUSE IT FAILED BEFORE AND IT WAS REPLACED, AND AGAIN IT FAILED, THEY FIXED IT. SO I DECIDED TO BUY MYSELF A MODEM THAT ALLOWS TO HAVE FAST AND MORE CONVENIENT FOR THE SPEED I WAS GETTING THAN WHAT I WAS PAYING FOR, INSTEAD OF 120MB I WAS ONLY GETTING 60MB, SO I WAS LIKE MAYBE I SHOULD BUY MYSELF A HITRON 4582 WHICH WILL REPLACE THE ARRIS TM822 THEY GAVE ME, AND THEY REFUSED TO ALLOW E TO USE IT, TELLING ME I HAVE TO USE THEIR MODEM, AND ACCORDING TO FCC COMPLAINTS WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO USE OUR MODEM UNLESS THEY CAN PROVE IT WILL HARM MY SERVICES OR THEIR NETWORK PROVIDED, HENCE THEY REFUSED, I PLACED A COMPLAIN HOPEFULLY THIS GET RESOLVED BECAUSE I AM NOT READY TO PAY EXTRA FOR SERVICE THAT WILL NOT WORK. SO VIDEOTRON EXPLAIN THIS TO ME OR SHOW ME A POLICY OR AN AGREEMENT THAT PROVES THAT I WILL BE VIOLATING ANY OF USER AGREEMENT OR ANY TERMS OF SERVICE, I AM NOT HAPPY AND I NEED PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS.

1 REPLY 1

Kira
Super utilisateur
Super utilisateur

There are a few reasons that would explain why you where only getting 60mbs instead of 120, the main one being the use of the 2.4ghz network instead of t he recommended 5ghz. 

A signal issue could also be the cause but I have my own dougts on that idea.

As for the modem, this might be something to look at.

http://support.videotron.com/residential/terms-conditions

Section 2.1

============

2.1.  Authorized Videotron Equipment 

We authorize the use of the following equipment: any Videotron equipment loaned, leased or sold by Videotron or by an authorized Videotron distributor (e.g. digital terminals, modems, routers, SIM cards, mobile Internet keys, mobile phones, software, computer programs and applications).

============

I also do not understand the idea to use your own modem as the ArrisTM822 is plently capable of doing the 120mbs package.