cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to login to helix fi gateway?

Rezosh
Initiate

Hello I'm trying to figure out what the default password for the helix fi gateway is? I know the page is 10.0.0.1 but ive tried several logins with no success

16 REPLIES 16

To access the Helix Fi Gateway you need to download the android or iPhone app and you be able to access the WIFI settings for the helix Gateway...the old way don't work with Helix from the website..it's very easy in the app you can change password and set up all your devices etc...

Kira
Super utilisateur
Super utilisateur

@Rezosh wrote:

Hello I'm trying to figure out what the default password for the helix fi gateway is? I know the page is 10.0.0.1 but ive tried several logins with no success

ID : admin

PW : password

Unfortunately, unless I miss something, it's impossible to change advanced settings like DNS servers and stuff like that using the app.

I would like to be able at least to turn off the Wi-Fi so I can use my own router.

MayaP
Moderator - Solution Expert

Hi! You can absolutely use your own router. All those settings can be changed directly from the http://10.0.0.1 page (including turning off WiFi and enabling bridge mode). The HelixFi app doesn't have that kind of settings.

Marek
Initiate

For me 

PW : password

Did not work,  I had to use...

PW : password written under my Helix-Fi gateway.

I was then able to connect and change the password to my own liking.

If I connect my own router to will the Pod's still work?

I tried the "admin"/"password" combination and did not work. I believe the "password written under my Helix-Fi gateway" is for the default wifi (under default SSID like "HELIX-17xx"). I tried it anyway using username "admin" and it did not work. I have also tried other strings under the bottom of the Helix router but none worked. I am pretty sure I haven't changed anything after the initial installation 1 week ago.

So any suggestions how to find the default username and password to access web admin UI?

Thanks in advance.

CedrikS

Hi number666,

Regarding the Helix admin access, if admin and password are not working at all, you will need to factory reset the gateway so it can go back to admin and password. 

Behind the gateway ( the small and black tower ), there is a small RESET hole. Press and hold it for 30 seconds and you'll notice that the white light will disapear on top of the gateway.
Wait 10-15 minutes for the reset to be over and the white light will come back.
With a wired PC, go to this address:   10.0.0.1
You'll have a small configuration to do ( create your network name and WiFi password ).

Once it is done, connect to your WiFi network and also try your admin access with admin and password.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Hi, 

so I do not want to reset my helix born to just reset the password.

is there Another way to do it ?

JFrancoisD

Greetings, 

The admin password of the Helix Gateway can only be reset by resetting the Gateway itself. 

Note that most settings, including the SSID and WPA Key, can be modified using the Helix-Fi web/mobile app, which does not require logging on the Gateway but on your Helix account instead. 

I hope this helps!

-JFrancoisD

Okay thanks. But I found my password I just didint remember that I changed the password

"type http://10.0.0.1 in the address bar and log in to your account by entering “admin” as the username and password, or the password you have already chosen.". So, I just used admin/admin, I tried admin/pwd in the bottom of modem, admin/wifi pwd, admin/helix accoutn pwd... Nothing is working. I did a hard reset and nothing, either... Seriously, why is so complicated with these equipment?

PatrickM

When installing the Helix gateway for the first time or, after a factory reset, it will always be "admin / password" that must be used to log in 10.0.0.1.  There are no other default combination for both Helix Fi 1 or Helix Fi 2 gateway models.  In some case, technicians during installation may change the administrator password to the default Wi-Fi password under the gateway below "Network Name (SSID) - Helix-XXXX". Otherwise, it might have been changed to something else.

Unfortunately, a factory reset is the only method to reset the default administrator password for now.

For the black/charcoal gray Helix Fi 1 gateway:
- Press the reset button in the hole behind the gateway located below the coaxial wire using a pointed object. Hold the button down for 30 seconds or until the LED turns off

For the white Helix Fi 2 gateway:
- Keep the "WPS" button pressed for 60 seconds or until the LED light on the terminal flashes green

On both models, you can reach 10.0.0.1 with default login ( user:  admin |  pwd : password ) to complete a new setup as soon as the LED is blinking white.

You can confirm that everything went fine when the light flashes white, when your network name reverts to its default Helix-XXXX name and obviously your devices will all be disconnected! Please make sure your device does not add the first character as a capital letter automatically.

Cheers!

Good day,

I was able to log in to the Helix Gateway with the default username password combination ("admin" & "password") when I am prompt to change the default password I do so and it times out. Has anyone experienced this? 

GabrielD

Hello,

We would suggest you to contact our tech support concerning this situation. They will be able to check this with you, you can reach them by phone or chat at the following adress: « http://bit.ly/FB_Contact_Us »

Thanks,

Mugen
Samurai

@JohnCameron94 I haven't had a problem like this in my last setups. You could try to test access to 10.0.0.1 with another browser or even in private browsing mode to see if there is an improvement. Otherwise, I suggest you try to power cycle the Helix gateway and as a last resort, a factory reset if all else fails.