cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to forxe helix to only use 5g?

Dax01
Initiate
I know normallly it choose to go 5g or 2.4g depending on the thing it detect and i know also u can in setings split it and have the 2.4g and 5g show as 2 signal but what i want is helix to broadcast only at 5g. I got a vr headset that bug with helix im being told i need it to broacast only 5g.
3 REPLIES 3

samrec
Viking

Can you just go to the interface and turn off the 2.4 signal?

I personally do not like Helix, at least on the specs side of things. reading the offering on videotron sites the max you can get connected to it are 12, in my house with the array of devices we have this is not enough (3 phones, 2 tvs,1 chromecast, 2 DVDs, 1 printer, 2 laptos, 3 tablets). So anyone visiting my house will not be able to use the wifi either.

Anonyme
Not applicable

@samrec wrote:

Can you just go to the interface and turn off the 2.4 signal?

I personally do not like Helix, at least on the specs side of things. reading the offering on videotron sites the max you can get connected to it are 12, in my house with the array of devices we have this is not enough (3 phones, 2 tvs,1 chromecast, 2 DVDs, 1 printer, 2 laptos, 3 tablets). So anyone visiting my house will not be able to use the wifi either.

12 is not the maximum... you can connect as many as you want (probably at least up to 253 devices)

it's just to give you an idea of how many devices that can use the internet at the same time without any noticiable slow down. 

hip2b2
Initiate

You can access the router setting by using the URL 10.0.0.1  Your password is on the bottom of the Helix router(unless you changed it).

Rather than turning off the 2.4 MHz bandwidth I would suggest your give it a different name from the 5GHz band.  Some devices do not recognize 5GHz.

Have fun.

k